Massage therapy history dates back thousands of years to ancient cultures that believed in it's medical benefits. The first written records of massage therapy are found in China and Egypt.
Nejla graduated from the London College of Fashion in 1996 with an HND in Beauty Therapy. More recently she has started focusing on therapeutic treatments believing that a balanced and well functioning body will reflect on the outside. Nejla’s recent passion is the discovery of Hydrotherm and it’s powerful therapeutic benefits. The ultimate 3 dimensional relaxing massage whilst lying on supported warm water cushions. Nejla will gently use the Hydrotherm massage technique targeting problem areas, releasing tension, increasing energy and well being.
Nejla specialises in Hydrotherm and Lava Shells Treatments and she also provides beauty treatments.
Benefits of massage
- Relieves stress.
- Encourages relaxation; allows the body to relax and can help relieve headaches and muscle tension.
- Improves posture; massage can relax and loosen the muscles made sore by bad posture, allowing your body to position itself in its natural and pain-free posture.
- Increases circulation; delivery of vital oxygen and nutrients to the muscle tissue and removal of waste products and toxins will replace fatigue with energy.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Relaxes muscles.
- Soothes nerve endings.
- Improves flexibility and range of motion.
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing.
- Enhances post-operative or after-injury rehabilitation.
Nejla's Massage Therapies is a fully insured, unhurried and relaxed service providing tailored treatments to suit your individual needs and requirements.
Please view our gallery of massage room images below.
NOUN the rubbing and kneading of muscles and joints of the body, especially to relieve tension or pain.
ORIGIN over 5,000 years ago estimated between 2700BC in China, as referred to in the Yellow Emperor's Inner Canon, and in 2330BC in Egyptian depictions at the The Tomb of Akmanthor.